As a side event of 2012 UN Climate Change Conference, the EU-GCC Clean Energy Network and its Partners QEERI - QF and Masdar Institute organise the promotional, high level promotional meeting that will take place in Doha on November 28th.
The event will be held at the GCC Pavilion, Qatar National Convention Centre, Blue Zone.
The event aims to promote the ongoing work of the EU-GCC Clean Energy Network, publicise the GCC Renewable Energy (RE) Readiness report and highlight the challenge of Climate Change as a key driver for Clean energy and cooperation.
The GCC RE Readiness Report is an initiative that sets out a common approach to assessing the GCC’s RE readiness through a comprehensive country-by-country gap analysis of the GCC energy sectors.
In this context, dring the promotional morning session high level addresses will be made by GCC and EU personalities / officials including:
- Hamza Kazim, Vice President, Operations & Finance, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
- Faisal Mohammed Al Suwaidi, President of Research and Development at Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (tbc)
- Artur Runge-Metzger, Director, Directorate A International and Climate Strategy, DG CLIMA, uropean Commission
- Scott Kennedy, Dean of Research, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
- John Psarras, Professor ICCS-NTUA - Greece, Network Director – EU, EU-GCC Clean Energy Network
- Rabi H. Mohtar, Research Division, QEERI
The event is open to clean energy stakeholders, covering research, policy and industry aspects, as well as media-press. Accreditation through the COP18 registration process is necessary.